A lifelong learner and lover of music, Jeannine was born into an artistic, theatrical family and spent her childhood surrounded by creativity, song and nature. Those elemental forces have remained with her as guiding inspirations. Drawn to music at a young age, she developed a passion for jazz and the avant garde. Her influences are gathered from a lifetime of listening to such sounds as Joni Mitchell, Brazil66, Chaka Khan, Flora Purim, Karin Krog, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Sarah Vaughan, Tony Bennett, Miles Davis, Art Ensemble of Chicago, Johnny Hartman, Kate McGarry and others. Her repertoire includes classics from the American songbook, jazz and Brazilian standards.
Jeannine has studied and performed with a number of renowned artists and ensembles. These include:
- De Ploy Joy, a six woman vocal jazz ensemble led by Molly Holm, founding member vocalist / assistant of Bobby McFerrin's a cappella group Voicestra.
- The Jazzschool, Berkeley, CA where she studied with such notables as Mimi Fox, Kitty Margolis and Marcos Silva.
- Jazz Camp West
- Janis Borla's Vocal Jazz Camp
- Jesse Foster's Vocal Workshop
- Jazz Improv with Ray Brown, Cabrillo College, California
- Studied under Laurie Antonioli at the Jazz Institute Vocal Program in Berkeley CA
- Vocal technique with Colleen Donovan for over ten years.
In addition, she has worked under Kate McGarry.